Pupil Premium Policy
The Pupil Premium Grant is a government funding initiative which aims to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
As an academy we prioritise activities which help individual children to make academic progress. Qualifying parents can also request that the grant is used to fund school uniform and curriculum enrichment such as school visits. By individual agreement at the start of an academic year, grant funding may also available for other learning support or enrichment activities. This is considered on a case by case basis.
- The school decides how individual children can be most effectively benefited by the Premium.
- Priority will be given to providing support which enables individual children to make academic progress
- The Premium may be used to fund curricular enrichment and extension activities or resources
- In cases where the school considers that a child would benefit from extra-curricular activities, the Premium can be used to support to fund this. Parents and carers are consulted on a case by case basis when appopriate.
Pupil Premium eligibility
The government Pupil Premium funding means that schools receive an additional £1,345 per year for each eligible pupil. If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits, your child is eligible for Pupil Premium:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ (the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive Pupil Premium.
If you are eligible to receive Pupil Premium, please complete the application form on the reverse of this letter and return to the school office as soon as possible. This information will be treated confidentially
Pupil Premium - Post adoption
Schools receive an additional £2,345 per year for children who have been adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002 and for children who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order. To enable the school to claim the Pupil Premium Mrs Abbas, our School Business Manager (in confidence) and provide supporting evidence, for example, the original Adoption (Court) Order.
Service Children Premium
A grant of £310 per pupil each year is available for children of service personnel. If you are currently serving in the armed forces, please contact Mrs Abbas with outline details of your employment, so that we can claim the additional funding available.
In 2021-2022 we expect to receive funding of £26,520 for 16 children. The majority of the funding will be used to support children’s learning through 1 to 1 tuition and additional classroom support. As with all interventions which support learning, each child's progress is measured in a variety of ways and the impact of their individual intervention is assessed. This information, along with a range of other assessments carried out during the year determines how their future funding is allocated.
This year’s planned spend is outlined in the document which will be attached below by 31 December 2021. It will also contains impact analysis of last year's spend.
The school’s SENDCo is responsible for overseeing the use of the Pupil Premium grant for individual children. She collects and analyses individual pupil data and liaises with teaching staff, LSAs and parents as appropriate to discuss individual progress, and future use of the grant.
Pupil Premium use is highly individualised for each of the eligible children and in order to protect the confidentiality of a small number of individuals, impact analysis and progress data are held in school and will be reported to the Governing Body Data Committee during the year.