To assist the Headteacher in the supervision of pupils during the lunch period.
The role of the midday supervisor is complementary to that of the teaching and other staff, working in partnership to help to further the aims of the school.
The hours of work will be 1.15 hours per day.
The main duties of the post will include:
- Supervision of all pupils remaining on the school premises during the lunch period, both in the school buildings and grounds. This involves supervision of children before, during and after they have eaten their lunches.
- Maintaining a safe environment for the children.
- Ensuring good discipline and courteous behaviour by all.
- Organising and supervising suitable activities for pupils.
- Providing First Aid treatment as appropriate, following LEA guidelines.
- To wipe all tables after lunches have been eaten and ensure that the hall or classroom is left clean and tidy.
Any other duties requested by the Headteacher. These duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or the level of responsibility entailed.
The post holder will be directly responsible to the Headteacher.